In addition to hand washing, the following article from Stanford Medical Hospital Board explains and suggests actions you can take.
- U.S. health experts are warning a highly contagious Covid omicron variant, called BA.2, could soon lead to another uptick in domestic coronavirus cases.
- Officials such as White House chief medical advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci say BA.2 is about 50% to 60% more transmissible than omicron, but it does not appear to be more severe.
- The variant is estimated to account for about 25% or 30% of new cases in the U.S.
Subject: Corona Virus Prevention from Stanford Medical
From a member of the Stanford hospital board. This is their feedback for now on Corona virus.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - CORONAVIRUS --
1. Covid-19 pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose.
2. This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 C (80.6 F) degrees. It hates the Sun.
3. If someone sneezes with it, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne, but it is now proven that some air born droplets remain in the air much longer.
4. If droplets land on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours - so if you come into contact with any metal surface - wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
5. On fabric Covid-19 can survive for 6-12 hours. normal laundry detergent will kill it.
6. Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids with ice. 7. Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but - a lot can happen during that time - you can rub your eyes, pick your nose unwittingly and so on.
8. You should also gargle as a prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.
9. Can't emphasis enough - drink plenty of water!
1. It will first infect the throat, so you'll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days
2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.
3. With the pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.
4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you're drowning. It's imperative you then seek immediate attention.
Serious excellent advice by Japanese doctors treating COVID-19 cases: Everyone should ensure your mouth & throat are moist, never dry. Take a few sips of water every 15 minutes at least. Why? Even if the virus gets into your mouth, drinking water or other liquids will wash them down through your throat and into the stomach. Once there, your stomach acid will kill all the virus. If you don't drink enough water more regularly, the virus can enter your windpipe and into the lungs. That's very dangerous. Please send and share this with family and friends. Take care everyone and may the world recover from this Coronavirus soon.
The new Coronavirus may not show sign of infection for many days. How can one know if he/she is infected? By the time they have fever and/or cough and go to the hospital, the lung is usually 50% Fibrosis and it's too late (Fibrosis is not reversible).